Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My Sister's Wedding at Opryland Hotel - A Pre-Wedding Snapshot Tribute to Mr. and Mrs. Holt

 My sister has four names now.
Tracie Marie Cannon married Jesse Lee Holt on Monday at Opryland Hotel in Nashville.

 I cried. I would have cried anyway because weddings make me all sentimental, but being pregnant guaranteed that more tears would be shed when my little sister recited her vows.

Tracie and Jesse dated for seven years before tying the knot this week. The couple chose Opryland as their venue and this matron-of-honor thoroughly enjoyed being part of such a beautiful wedding!

I stayed with my sister the night before her big day. (BIG THANK YOU, TRACIE!!)
Anyway, I took some pictures.

As we all anxiously wait for the professional shots to be revealed by Bethany Ann Photography, here are a few snapshots I took, pre-wedding...


The day before the wedding...

Mamaw Rose.

Tracie Marie.

Tiny, Mamaw, & Tracie.

Tiny II.

Daddy.

Bridal Updo by Angeline.

"Jesse, this place is AWESOME." Tracie called her hubby-to-be from the parlor suite to assure him they'd picked the right place for their wedding. The view from the room overlooked the Garden at Opryland Hotel. GORGEOUS! I especially loved opening and closing the curtains by flipping the switch off and on more times than I could count. (This sort of thing truly amazes and delights me.:)

The hotel elevators have mirror ceilings. Another little thing that impressed me. :) I found it difficult to resist taking pictures every time we rode one.

The necklace Tracie wore is special. Our Papa Jim had given this to Mamaw, many years ago. I wore it when I got married and it has been passed from Mamaw to her granddaughters for special occasions, over the years. In this photo, Mamaw holds the blue sapphire necklace so I can snap a picture. This is our favorite "Something borrowed, something blue".

Architecture at Gaylord Opryland. Skylights provided perfect lighting for the ceremony.

Tracie's engagement ring, resting on a personalized "Mr. and Mrs. Jesse Holt" envelope that hotel celebrity services gave us upon our arrival. It was awesome being V.I.P. :)

One of my favorite photos EVER. Here, my Mamaw Rose passes the sapphire necklace to Tracie. Some pictures really say more than 1,000 words. This is one of them.


An iPhone shot of us. Tracie calls this an "us-ie", thereby modifying the infamous selfie with a more appropriate name. :) Tons of other snapshots were taken on the day before Tracie and Jesse's wedding. Even more beautiful photos were captured on the couple's big day. I'm just glad to have been a part of such a Lovely Love Story.:)

Much love,
Regina.




No comments: