Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hats for Everly - Learning to Crochet Newborn Hats & Booties





My cousin, Rachel, has gotten awesome at crocheting. She made the hats and booties (above & left) for my daughter, Everly. SO SWEET!!

I LOVE handmade, thoughtful gifts but this one was almost too much! She had sewn in my daughter's name and matched yarn colors with booties for several accessory sets.

What's kind of weird is that I had been doing some crocheting myself. When you're pregnant, you'll do just about anything to pass the time! One day, I decided I needed a new hobby. After being envious of all the Etsy crochet hats, I decided it was time I learned how to do it myself. So far, I've made several hats and zero successful baby booties.

I have quite a way to go to catch up with Rachel, but it's a good start! Here are a few of my first creations...





Still need a lot of improvement, but little Everly is going to have a lot to wear! :)

1 comment:

gigi jean said...

good for you trying and learning how to make it easier or cutest is a challenge and I applaud you for showing the rest of us to get motivated and create our own. I never felt I was paid what the item was really worth when I sold hand crochet baby items so I put it down just like many of my half completed cross stitch projects. I like your examples and when my 6the grand child is born in June, I hope to make a few items for fall and Christmas. good luck in your projects.