Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mr. Stylus: R.I.P.

Lookin’ Through The Leaves



I think my camera still has some ocean water trapped inside. Either that, or I chose the wrong setting for these shots. Oh, well. I’ll pretend I meant to do that. Tennessee leaves vs. Florida palm trees- an easy competition won by my vacation destination state this year. However, Tennessee will beat Florida by a landslide this Fall. (At least our leaves will- college sports results have yet to be determined.)



Why does black and white make any photo blunder instantly better?



Sometimes I play with photo effects just to see what will happen. This picture was not one of those times- I was forced to edit to save myself some embarrassment. I’ve read that one must blog often to achieve more views and followers. I’m not sure if that’s true or not, but posting less than gorgeous pictures is not something I want to make a habit of doing. Just…this…once.



My camera is supposed to be indestructible. I was promised a shockproof, freezeproof, crushproof camera that could handle my abuse. I was told tales of my device’s ability to handle underwater depths up to 60 feet. Last year, I tested the Ebay seller’s prophecies about my Samsung Stylus Tough by tossing it into a 12-foot pool. Awesome pictures were made that Summer, folks. Downright incredible shots of underwater action that captured even the tiniest of bubbles in our apartment’s saltwater pool.

THIS YEAR WAS DIFFERENT.

My camera and I went on vacation together. We sat side-by-side on the flight to Florida, where we planned to capture marine life in the Gulf of Mexico. I had been blindly in love with Mr. Stylus since the day he showed up on my doorstep one and a half years ago. How was I now so manipulated…so…deceived? I trusted him. I believed in him. I was forced to hold another who would comfort me after Stylus didn’t keep the promises he had made to capture our memories together at the beach. Ahhhh, young love. Droid II replaced Stylus in my heart, but I missed the love I shared with my ex. We went on a date today to see if we still have potential for making more memories together. Maybe Stylus is gone for good now. Who shall live up to the moments we captured together? I suppose if it is meant to be, it will be. Until then, I must search for another…



I never used to need photo editing for pics shot by Stylus. Even here, though, he makes me miss him.



Enough about my ex-camera-boyfriend. Here are some leaves. Yup, kinda unremarkable –Still, leaves are cool…and green ‘n such.



Green is my real boyfriend (actually husband’s) favorite color. He’s gonna think I’m a weirdo after reading how much I loved my camera!



So…Stylus shot this one with my husband and I. That was before he broke my heart with his unexpected, untimely death.



Today’s lookin’ through the leaves posting is dedicated in memory of my most beloved camera, Samsung Stylus Tough. May he rest in peace.Regina Tough is nowhere near as good as Regina Hodge. :)

No comments: