Friday, August 15, 2014

16 Weeks and Waiting - Baby Swoosh-Swoosh and Scary Pregnancy Posters

Today, I went to the doctor for my 16-week appointment. It's amazing to hear the baby's heartbeat! This time, the swooshy-swoosh sound was much more distinct. Doc says the baby sounds healthy. I don't get to find out what baby is until my next appointment. Asking for an elective ultrasound was worth a shot, but Doc says it isn't recommended.

"But, I just wanna know what it is!"
"And you will...soon."

Had to ask, but expected his answer. Looks like we'll find out on September 11th. Could've picked a less ominous sounding day, I suppose, but that's what worked for us.

Took a few snapshots today to keep track of what's going on in my life...

 Lucky to have him. Josh has gone to all of my appointments so far. He's going to be an awesome dad!
 Waiting for the doctor... I look terrified here. Can't help but be a little nervous at my appointments, but glad to kill some time with Josh while we wait. Taking weird us-ies is our thing. :)
The countdown! This little chart helps remind me that I won't be pregnant forever. The days go by slowly, but I have 16 weeks down already. Welcome to my second trimester!
 This chart is scary. Cervical dilation measurements serve as a visual aid of what's going to happen to me. I'd rather not think about this part right now. Waiting room wall art has something to be desired, but I really like my doctor. Maybe I'll tell him about how much this chart scares me at my next visit.
 Another poster to scare me. Pregnancy and Birth education- you care a LOT more about all this stuff when it's actually happening to you! I think a few pictures of cute babies and happy moms could replace all this decor, don't you? :)

Waiting isn't fun.
I'm not good at it.
I'm not patient.
I am the patient.
I have to wait.

Until next time...

:) 


No comments: