Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Drawing with iPad Paper App - Step by Step How To With Pictures

I love drawing on the iPad Paper app. It's forgiving, which I especially like.

Half the time I start drawing something, the end result looks entirely different from what I'd planned. I change my mind a lot as I go.
I usually screenshot step by step... just in case I end up hating something I've done.

Seeing one from start to finish kind of explains one of my typical drawing sort of day brainstorms.

Just go with it...Here's how my sketching went today... :)

 I typically start my doodle madness with something simple. In this case, it's an eye.
 I am not a big fan of the eye, so I figure adding a nose may help.
 I am wrong, for I have incorrectly placed and proportioned both features. I press on...
 Adding a mouth might pull all this together, I think. I start to really hate the big eye at this point.
 The eye took too much time to erase, I tell myself. Add shading... it'll be fine.
 It is still not fine. I must think of a way to rescue this doodle... hmmm...
 I certainly do NOT want to draw another eye. Hair will help get me out of this...
 and shading...
 and bigger hair and more shading...
too much shading... the eye is worse now than ever!...
I force myself to erase it. Now what?
 I play for a while, sketching a tree instead of another eye. I refuse to mess up another eye, so...
 I avoid it altogether. I doodle as I brainstorm how to salvage this sketch...
 Nope...
Nope...
 And it is then that I remember SUNGLASSES. I, and my doodle, are finally redeemed. :)
Still, I play...
 What began as an eye...
 turned into "So Fly"...
 with some 'supa big shades'...
 a signature...
and some good advice for today.

Stay SUNNY. :)





No comments: