Monday, October 22, 2012

On The Road Again

Lately, I spend a lot of time in my car. I drive all over Tennessee to visit families who have expressed interest in becoming foster parents. I never imagined I'd end up working in child placement services. My job is to help new parents prepare for the challenges of fostering children (and other duties, as assigned.)

Depending on where those families live, I'll drive anywhere from ten minutes to five hours away from the office. I arrive at homes and spend hours talking with prospective parents and their relatives before I hop back in my car to drive back home. This may sound strange, but this is my favorite part of my job. Meeting new people who want to help children is exciting, challenging, interesting, difficult, and fun- all mixed together in an experience unlike any other. I've gotten lost many times when I've tried to locate families- Thank God for my GPS! 

I sometimes snap pictures when I'm traveling for work. This habit helps pass the time and also documents memories of all the places I've been. After spending hours sitting at my desk and staring at a computer screen or filling out piles of paperwork, I can't wait to get on the road again!

 Click to play video and keep on scrollin'...





No comments: