Wednesday, November 6, 2013

When One Door Closes...

When One Door Closes, Another Door Opens...

When one door closes, look for an open window.

Whatever the phrase, we've all heard it.

Today, I closed some doors.

I have yet to see the second part that is supposed to happen in the cliche.

But it's only been about an hour since I closed the door.

Give it time...

I'm certain that door needed to be closed.

Still, I miss it a little.

I had a lot of memories about that door.

I knew that closing it would be hard. The door is heavy.

It was heavier than I'd anticipated.

I still closed it.

It wasn't easy.

I shed some tears.

My stomach knotted itself up as I took the first push that would end the chapter I've worked hard to create. It couldn't keep going on, though, as it was... So, I must turn the page, close the door, seek the next chapter, find the next door... all of those things people say about moving on.

Easy to say, harder to do.

And yet, I felt relieved. Saddened, most certainly, but the feeling of relief reassured me that I must press harder on that door to seal it shut.

I have the key, should I ever need to go back through that entranceway.

But the other keys I hold in my hand may open many more doors.
And so, its time to try them out.


No comments: