Thursday, February 6, 2014

My Sister is ENGAGED.

Today is SO weird.

Weird, but AWESOME.

You know how in my earlier post... (of course you don't, read below later)

... that I said I wouldn't let any responsibilities ruin my day?

Well, I stick by that.

Except, along with having my first story featured today- I got a call from my lil' sister.

She's engaged.

That changes the responsibility thing... starting tomorrow.

I am a 'matron of honor?'... that's for old married girls, but it still sounds so cool.

matron.

like master...
but,
you know...
matron-ly.

Tracie (my little sister) and her police officer boyfriend (Jesse)...
they've been dating for the past seven years.

Jesse popped the question tonight.

Tracie said yes.
DUH.

Now, I'm just up at 11:30... you know, doing important stuff...
like matrons do.
it's a matron thing.
I think...
?

My little sister is getting married.

You probably don't care, unless you're my family.
That's okay, though.

People post all sorts of statuses and updates, lately.
Now, I get to be one of those obnoxious people.
Yay?

Whatever. It's my turn and my little sister is getting married (which I will state repeatedly until you click away from this post, onto an unknown land of who-knows-whats-you-browses...)

I have been up late tonight (because 11:30 is late for matrons, I hear...) BECAUSE....
I have to come up with the PERFECT PRESENT FOR MY SISTER.

I googled 'perfect gift ideas for sister wedding' earlier.
You know what results came up?
No.
No you don't.
Unless, you are a fellow googler of the same information...

WELL...
allow me to dispute the top results.
My sister does not want a custom-made mug with Mrs. Holt on it...
or,
wait-
does she?

Nah...
no way.
She's too cool for that, even in all her English teacher-y dorkiness.
Right?

WELL,
regardless of whether Tracie wants a mug or not,
I'm not getting one for her.
I've come up with something WAY WAY WAAAAAAAAY

way

(s0rry, but ...
way...)

BETTER THAN THAT FOR A SISTER WEDDING PRESENT.

It takes a lot of dedication, though.
Discipline.
Probably only the greatest sisters of all time would even attempt such a present...

Like I'm telling you...
she reads this blog on the reg.

Yes, I say 'on the reg'... way too often.
It's fun.
I have no other explanation and I will not grasp for any other excuses.

My sister is engaged.
I came up with the best present ever,
and nobody knows what it is.
except for me.
and josh.
because he reads my blog.
and you know, the whole marriage thing we've got goin'.

He thinks it's a good idea, too, though.
THAT
means it is a GREAT idea.

Tracie,
I do this to taunt you.
also,
CONGRATULATIONS, LITTLE SISTER!

I love you and if today gets any better before midnight, I'll probably pass out from happiness. :)

ALL MY LOVE,
your big mean sister...
Gina. :)

No comments: