Sunday, March 16, 2014

Selling on Ebay - Being New in a Familiarly Unfamiliar Marketplace

I've bought stuff on Ebay.
Recently, I decided to give selling a shot.

It's been a learning process, much like Amazon and Etsy were for me.
Except,
I sold on Etsy for over a year.

As a newbie seller on Ebay,
I've got quite a way to go if I ever want to reach (and, hopefully...) surpass
the listing items successfully experiences I've had on other online marketplaces.

I've sold several items fairly quickly since I launched my first few Ebay listings.
What I thought would sell, didn't.

What seems to be popular on Ebay... (based on my 1-week of experience selling there...)
are

HANDBAGS.

Figures, but I'm wondering if it'll last or if the quick sales on my purses are due to Spring's arrival...
the season when most ladies (including myself),
want...
Nay- -
MUST HAVE...

a new handbag.

Whatever the explanation, every purse I've listed has been purchased.

I don't think it's any secret technique that's working, when it comes to the way I'm listing stuff.

That needs more research to confirm, I guess.

The most challenging part about starting up a little sideline cash gig online is learning how the particular marketplace/venue WORKS...

With Etsy, it all depended on keywords. Treasuries. Trending now tagging, and in-season words that made your shop show up first on search pages.

With Ebay...

er...,

So far, all I've got is...
purses.

There's a lot to learn but I like it so far. Made a little quick cash and paid a few fees. (Be careful with the listing additional charges!

Anyway, purses.
Must
list
more
of
those.

Also, research.
Must
research
to
confirm
purse
advice
validity.

Tyson0922 on Ebay. That's me. Go look. I'm almost out of purses, though. Sorry. :)

No comments: