Saturday, March 15, 2014

The basis of #Happiness - Thoughts on Thoughts of Others and How it Affects our 'Happy'.

People will judge you...
because YOU let THEM.

This post isn't directed to any one person, in particular.
It's meant to be...
um,
motivational...
I think.

The thing is...
I'm just like every other child of the 80's.
Because,
I think I'm SPECIAL.

I really think that I have something different
- I enjoy believing that the something that makes me 'different'

just might be
the

SOMETHING

that makes me
'make it'.

And...
I'm different from the rest of the 80's-born generation
in that-
-
-
I know I'm wrong.

I realize that me, just thinking I'm special or different...
makes me the opposite, entirely.

I want what everybody wants.
I want what we all want.
I want to SUCCEED.

"At what, Regina?"

"Whatever I do."

"And, what's that, Regina?"

"You know, just... er, all the stuff I'm doing all the time. That's WHAT."

So...

What's my focus in this little blog post, that has been long overdue?
ME.

My future, my ambitions, my dreams, my success,
MY...
MY..
MY.

We're all out for ourselves, in the end... I suppose.
Think about it.

What makes you the happiest in your life?
Is it the pretty Spring flowers, blooming all around you?
Is it the promotion you got at work?
Is it the admiration you get from your friends?
Is it...
YOU?

Chances are,
what makes you happy
isn't you.

You're a factor of the happiness equation, of course.
You're just not a whole number.

You're dependent.
So is your happiness.

What really
makes
you
happy

isn't
....

YOU.

It's what other people think about you.

I really think that's true.
Now,
whether or not we like to admit, or are even willing to admit that simple human nature-tendancy...

is what separates the realists from the idealists.
Simplified even more,

It's what makes YOU,
you.

And,
Me,
Me.

Our ideas.
Our feelings.
Our ambitions...

all
THAT
JAZzzzzzzz.

So,
we accept it,
deny it,

or live our lives in a blissfully ignorant bubble that conceals it.

We care what people think.

But...,

Does it REALLY make us

TRULY

UNDENIABLY

and

BLISSFULLY

HAPPY?

You tell me. :)

No comments: