Monday, March 17, 2014

St Patricks Day - The Luck of an Irish Native American Cherokee - (& green stuff for good luck.)

I forgot all about St. Patrick's Day

I am of Irish-Native American descent, and I forgot about the major  holiday that nearly every ancestor I've got probably had loved to celebrate! 

 I didn't even wear green today. 


I feel...
so...

OLD. 


Also, now that I've remembered the significance of today's green celebrations- -

I feel like I've got some catching up to do. 


For my ancestors, of course.
Wouldn't want to disappoint them.

Whatever other crazy combinations of heritable ingredients make a Regina,
...
it's the Irish and Native American contributions about which I'm most certain.

I actually titled this post before I started typing on this special holiday I remembered this afternoon...
I began with a title this time.
That's rare for me, you know.

I received some unsolicited feedback today, about previous posts I'd written.

"I read your blog."

"Yeah."

"Kinda negative, don'tcha think?"

"I guess, Mom."

"I just mean, I like it when you write about positive things and when you sound happy and upbeat like your little self!"

"Okay...?"

"I didn't mean anything bad, Regina."

"I know, Mom. Sorry about the 'negativity'."

"It's okay!"

So, my mother did not mention St. Patrick's Day in any part of the two-minute conversation that followed her phone call this morning.

I hope she wore green. Bet she forgot, too. Actually...,
I HOPE my mom forgot.

Not because I want her to be pinched to death- just...
if she is pinched,

it makes up for the 'just my opinion' comments she made about my blog topics... :) (Love you, Mom.)

Anyway...

I have to admit, my mom is probably right. I DO sound really negative in the last two posts or so that I've written here.

Right?

I mean, do I really sound that down-in-the-dumps?

(You can answer, since I've asked you.... Only my mom gets to provide criticisms, at whim.)

Where's she going with all this?

This girl's all over the place.

Thought this post was gonna be positive.
I clicked it because it said St. Patty's Day and had leprechan-y stuff in the title!

Those initial click-on-my-blog-ers have probably left now.

Oh, well.
They missed the best part...

Here.
This is for the Saint Patrick's Day that I nearly forgot.
This is the 'upbeat, happy stuff' my mom likes me to blog about.

Hope something here makes you smile.
If it does, then I make up for the occasionally 'negative' posts I rant about sometimes...

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! :) 


Click for ------> An Animated Irish Prayer

For 10 THINGS THAT ARE EASY TO TURN GREEN, CLICK - - > Green, GREEN, GREEN!!

For another GREEN-LOVIN, ST.PATTY TALKIN', CUTE PIC FROM GOOGLE-THAT-I-RANDOMLY-FOUND-SO-CREDIT-THIS-BLOGGER, ... 
CLICK HERE - - - - - - - >WhatWouldMomSayBlog

Image below is credited to the above blogger. I have no idea where he or she got it, though... :) 



For a cute (and, slightly CREEPY)
 little kid dressed all festive-like, 

CLICK HERE - - - - - - > Cute or creepy? 
(Or just look below, same thing...) 

(Image may be subject to copyright... Since it's on Google, there's no point.) 

THIS LINK (BELOW) IS WORTH THE CLICK! 

FIND OUT HOW MUCH YOU REALLY KNOW 

ABOUT SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!

FOR SOME FUN FACTS 'N TRIVIA...

GIVE THIS ONE A CLICK! - - - - - - > 

Thanks for reading and hope you
(unlike me...,)
remembered today's significance! 
Enjoy! :) 













No comments: