Monday, March 17, 2014

Another Job Interview. Dear Sweet Lord Baby Jesus...Please Gimme THIS JOB.

I have a job interview scheduled this week...
The day after tomorrow, actually.

I have a good feeling about this one.

It's right up my inexperienced, non-degree alley of creative talent and one other thing I love more than anything else in the entire world...

Newborn babies.

What?

Yep, bitties. Teeny, tiny little miniature humans.

That's what this upcoming interview is about.

Being as how I don't have any mini-me's (YET) to speak of...,
one may ask why and what the heck I think I'm up to now...
One would be wise to ask such things. Especially if one knows me and my tendency to jump head first without asking many (or, nearly enough), questions.

After persistently emailing one person for the past three weeks or so... (Yes, I'm THAT stubborn)...

I got the response I'd hoped to get upon the first email attempt.

"I appreciate your numerous contact attempts regarding this position, Ms. Hodge."

(I'm Mrs., but it's cool- guy doesn't know just yet)

"I'm very interested in meeting with you because of this..." (*ahem..., stubborn efforts pay off!)

So, I am to meet with an unknown person I've been harassing for three weeks.
The day after tomorrow.

"Bring some samples of your work if you'd like them to be reviewed" - stranger-turned-friend-in-the-making said to me, via email...

"Also, a printed copy of your resume." - new friend continues in email while I get excited and kinda freak out for reasons that I shall reveal...

This person, whose name I know and do not tell because...
it's a secret? (professionalism. I decide, parenthetically.)

This person...

I assume to be the person within whom lies POWER.
HE, (or she... hint, hint- :) HAS THE
 (POWER of YES's and NO's.

Upon new-friend's review of the samples I'll somehow bring with me...
(samples that I must scramble frantically together into some organized, succinct fashion in order to promote the obvious existence of my deserving & perhaps, impressive candidacy for this job)...
...

I hope to actually enjoy having a part-time job.
I honestly don't see how I wouldn't KICK ASS at this job, Buuuuuut...

It all depends on this little meeting.

It depends on a lot of factors, but right now...

It's time for me to see what kind of crazy-awesome portfolio I can come up with!


Stay tuned.

(By the way, this meeting could go terribly. See my previous blog post about WHEN I SUCKED AT QUESTIONS DURING A JOB INTERVIEW )

That interview was for a job that wan't even open. This one could be, too.
I plan to use the stubbornness that seems to appease my new stranger-friend.

We shall see but today's a great day for the LUCK OF THE IRISH!! :)

Until next time...
After all,
I've got a holiday to celebrate. :)



No comments: