Sunday, September 22, 2013

Athens Greek Restaurant - You Don't Know Until You Try!

My family has always had a birthday tradition that I loved when I was a kid.

Turns out, I love it just as much now on my 26th birthday as I did back then.

 It's simple, really. And yet... it means SO MUCH.

We had this birthday rule about letting the birthday girl/boy -

(boy was always Daddy, as I grew up with females, otherwise)

- pick any restaurant or special dinner for their annual celebration.

This year, my mom was surprised when I suggested something different than my usual birthday go-to spot. (Calhoun's, in case anyone wants extra credit.)

Since I moved from the small town of Ashland City to Nashville, I've become quite the little foodie-lover...

One of my favorite places to eat is Athens Grill.

Mama had never heard of Athens, nor had she ever tried Greek food...

until today.

Turns out that what my mom and dad taught me as a kid proved true today...

"You never know until you try"

I love teaching my parents new things that they taught me first.

I am thankful for my family and truly enjoyed spending time with those I love most on my 'name-day'! :)

Go eat at Athens Family Restaurant.
It's my birthday, so you have to do what I say.
It's the birthd-eve rule...
That's a new holiday I came up with that I'll explain later... trust me, you'll love it when your birthday rolls around.

Anyway... at Athens with the fam...






























No comments: