Sunday, September 22, 2013

It's My Birthday & I'll Blog What I Want To

Today is my birthday. 

On September 22, 1987, I made my debut into the world.

That was 26 years ago, today.

I am up before 5:30 on most days, so today began like any other. Since my last birthday, much has changed in my life. I'm happy to be back in school now, although balancing a full load of online classes has been tougher than expected with my hectic work schedule.

But enough about all that jazz.

It's my birthday. I will not worry about anything today. I will do what I want and I will not care today what anybody thinks about my birthday behavior.

I don't celebrate to the extent that I did in my college years. My body is to old now for that nonsense.

I guess my 26-year-old self begins her birthday shenanigans with a blog post at 5:30AM. Yeah, my celebration is crazy and out-of-control, isn't it? I'm getting old...

Getting older has its advantages. With the years that have passed in my early adulthood, I've gained a sense of who I am and who I want to be.

Security and self-esteem are granted during those years and today marks my transition into my late-20's. I like who I am. That's my accomplishment when I reflect on this past year. I feel good about myself more now than I ever have. I feel more sure of myself and have more direction about the things I want to achieve during the next few years.

I'll probably say I knew none of those things, though, next September 22nd.

For now, I will be satisfied with the knowledge I've gained thus far in my life. For now, I will enjoy the moments that today has in store for me.

For now, I will share these moments with you...

Because it's my birthday.

I'll blog what I want to! :)

My birthday gift from my awesomely smart and sexy husband was a Nikon camera. I love him. I love my new camera almost as much!

Taking time to appreciate the little moments and the little things in life. Rain droplets on a single blade of grass, edited in black and white because I like everything in black and white since it looks classy. Yep, that's one classy piece of grass!

Don't normally like the color purple all that much. This shade is the exception to that rule.

Textures of wet grass before sunrise. Somehow, this one is interesting to me.

Droplets of water cling to pine needle's ends in my front yard this morning. Pretty.

Pine trees are the best trees. My affection for them goes back to my childhood. It's a good story that anyone who really knows me knows all about. The famous tale of the pine tree is one I've told on this blog. Click around to find it!

Water droplets and vines intertwined with metal fencing.

THERE IT IS. THE SHOT THAT MAKES PHOTO ADVENTURES WORTH IT. THIS ONE IS MY FAVORITE. Oh, Nikon...I love you. I will take you with me on this birthday and you will take only incredible pictures because I said so. :) I talk to my new camera sometimes. Don't worry about it. We have a special relationship that you probably wouldn't understand. Stay tuned for birthday pictures to come. :)

No comments: