Saturday, September 28, 2013

September #Sunset in Nashville - Plato Inspired Allegory of the Cave Photo Shoot


A sunset is one of the most beautiful things.

Watching the sun go down fills me with happiness. 

It always has

The amber glow and silvery beams of light that shine down through trees are things for which I am truly grateful.

 It's the simple things like these, that are easy to take for granted.

 When life gets busy- when you have a million things you've got to do and you feel completely overwhelmed...

go outside. 

Watch the sun set and take a look around you. 

The warmth of those rays reassure you that it's all going to be okay. Free self-therapy for the stressed-out, broken-hearted, and lonely...whatever the feelings, 

a sunset is a cure-all

My husband took this picture of me, outside in our backyard. It's obviously one of my favorites! 
Photo by Joshua Hodge, who has a knack for taking great pictures in difficult lighting! #Sunsets and my husband...two of the best things I have in life. Here I am, standing in the sunset's rays this week. Glad Josh caught this with my #Nikon ! 
Goodnight, sun. I'll see you tomorrow. Sweet dreams! Josh snapped this shot at the last light of day. It may look a bit strange at first, but I really like this picture. Makes me look like I'm telling the sun goodnight...at least, that's what I think when I look at this one. Love it! 
A slightly creepy/mysterious shot, taken by my husband. I like it. I had read so much Philosophy on this day and so maybe that's why I think of Plato's Allegory of the Cave when I look at this photo!
For those of you who aren't spending your days reading about ancient philosophers and pondering the purpose of life-
First of all, I envy you.
Secondly, you should familiarize yourself with Plato's cave story.
It's a good one, to say the least.

For a quick summary that'll help you understand my perception of this photo, as well as one of the most influential writings in all history, visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave

























No comments: