Sunday, September 8, 2013

Nikon Test Flight in Nashville - Ducks, Planes, & Places to See in Tennessee



We're fascinated by things that fly. This Sunday, I unintentionally followed a flight trend in my new Nikon test run for taking pictures. Some are better than others, just like some parts of this morning's pretend-you're-a-professional-photographer moments were better than others. My test flight for my new camera went well, overall. I'm getting the hang of it...maybe. Why I took pictures of things that fly is still a question I'm not sure I know how to answer. Probably because I live in Nashville and there are only so many places you can go without having to change from your pajamas and go through the hassle of a Sunday morning shower. I felt lazy and still do. It's Sunday and here's how mine went...

I got up at 4:00AM. That keeps happening even though it really isn't warranted. I like getting up early but even for me, 4AM is a preposterous hour to be awake.

Anyway, I couldn't fall back to sleep so I decided I'd go for a walk.

Three miles later down the Nashville roads, I'd arrived at my intended destination. Rail road tracks nearby my house make a fun photo-op, I thought. So, there I was...just in time for sunrise, camera in-hand. This is going to be perfect- I thought this as I aimed my lens over the train tracks, waiting for the morning's sunlight to create the perfect shot.

Click!

Something's wrong.

No way.

You've gotta be kidding me.

My Nikon's screen read, "No memory card"

Three miles away from home for the single purpose of standing in that spot at just the right time, only to trek back to the house for the memory card I'd needlessly forgotten.

Luckily, my morning got better. I missed the exact moment for the picture I've thought about taking for the past few days, but I guess more time to plan the angle and remember to take my memory card next time will be helpful.

Already tired, I got back to the house and got in my car. No more walking for me. Why didn't I drive in the first place? Oh, well.

I ended up finding some cool spots in Nashville, after my stupid-me moment this morning.

Here's where I've been so far today...

Enjoy!






















All photos taken by ME! :) More to come as my new camera addiction develops. :)

No comments: