Thursday, October 24, 2013

Strange Facts about Smiling & Feel Good Songs To Cheer Me Up

Ever have a bad day? 


Stupid question.

You know what will help? 

MUSIC. 

It's proven by research to be one of the best mood-boosters.

YOUR PUPILS DILATE WHEN YOU SING.
TRY IT. 

Watch your eyes in the mirror and sing a note or two. 
See? 

I don't lie here.

YOUR PUPILS ALSO DILATE WHEN YOU SMILE. 

THINK IT'S JUST A COINCIDENCE? 

Well, you're wrong and you're probably not supposed to be here anyway because it's not. 

There's a reason your eyes do that weird stuff. 

Smiling and music make your eyes do something strange and your pupils get bigger the longer you sing or smile...

You're welcome. I knew you'd try it out. It's freaky the first time and then you can enjoy telling other people like these things are well known facts about which they are ignorant. :) 

 MUSIC MAKES YOU HAPPY. 
THE EYES DON'T LIE AND NEITHER DO I. 

Point is that music-
even the simple tunes you make yourself or subliminally hear in the background-

They cast a spell on you.

Strange, but completely true.

Today, I've felt completely stressed out and apprehensive about whether or not my husband and I will be chosen as the best renters for a home in Nashville that is a DREAM FIND.

Yeah right, like I'm gonna tell you where it is...psssshhhhhhhh.

This home is the best home of home-y home-homes in home-home-land.

Seriously.

Thinking about this house-
which is what I've been doing all day long-
has been driving be crazy.

My work space at home looks like I'm a private investigator or police detective.

All I need is some yarn to connect the post-it notes I've unknowingly pinned to the wall while I've been in a haze of must-have-this-home-ness...

Anyway, Josh got home from work.

He observed my behavior and described it as being more peculiar than the usual Gina-ness he sees on a day-to-day basis.

I must admit that, if I'd been in his position, I'd think I was a weirdo, too.

We both agreed that we'd done all we could to submit a worthy application to the owner of our dream home in question.

Still, I felt no comfort.

That's why I put on some music. 

Today...
ALL DAY...
nothing has helped ease my anticipation and probably-too-high-hopes for getting the call that would tell me I can move into the envy-worthy home...

UNTIL NOW.

On days when you're crazy, 
On days when what's going to happen is beyond your control...
On days when you think you might die from the heart's jump you feel when the phone rings...

For the love of all things fun and sun-shiney, put on some music before you scare people.

After all, sometimes there's nothing you can do but go with it. Worrying isn't going to help.

Music WILL. 

What's better to do that with than music, friends?

(The house I want, probably, but nevermind...this is about music and not a house... must...have...sleep...soon.)

Listen here for a feel good song 

to cheer me 

and you 

UP!


Just remember the most important things as you listen to this
feel good song to cheer you up....

Life is like a hurricane
(Song idea inspired by sound cloud comedy track: 














No comments: