Friday, April 4, 2014

Art vs. 'AWT' & Why Awwwt is Better to Create Than Art

I love art. 

I always have... (loved art)...
and...
elliptical expressions that aren't parenthetically explained...

Annnnnyway,

as any of you readers know-
I quit my job.

T'was a cold, bitter day in late November. Regina Hodge had stayed up too late on the night before the 'Twas-a'- day...

She had a meeting that day. She'd requested it. She dreaded it. She knew it must be done.

Now,

'tis April.

Regina has worked tirelessly to pursue her dreams since the 'Twas-the'...

She...

has...

succeeded?

I want more than I'll be able to accomplish in one day,
one life
one...

anything...

I want it all.

I can't have it all.

I want-
to make the most of the talents I've been blessed with...

to put it
SIMPLY.

I get tired of people asking what it is that I WANT.

Do you wanna listen for about 2 hours?

Didn't think so.

Why is it that I have to have an answer?
Why am I expected-
No...,
DEMANDED
to provide
only
one
ANSWER
???????????????????

You know what I like?

Making stuff.

Yeah...

totally love that.

NEVER
GET
TIRED
OF
IT.

So,
to cheer myself up-

annnnnd,
to accomplish some portions of my #100happydays project ...

I do it with, what my husband deems,

"My AWWWWWWWWWWTTTTS"

I make art.

It's "AWWWWT" when it's
really,
REALLY

GOOD.

Art vs. AWWWWT:


By Regina Hodge. Lifelooklens. Copyright. 2014.

Art & Photography by Regina Hodge, Lifelooklens. 



"If heaven and hell decide that they both are satisfied, Illuminate the 'No's' on their 'vacancy' signs- ...

If there's no one beside you
when your soul embarks, 

     I'LL FOLLOW YOU INTO THE DARK."

Yeah, so...
That's what this one's (below) is all about...
This Canvas Painting and Mixed Media collage that I made was
inspired by...
A song...


 Truth be told, art and 'Awwwt' are very similar. 
Josh started referring to my creations as 'my awwwts', one day, and the term kinda stuck. 
Awwwt must be inspired by something. 
Awwwt is rarely technical or orderly. 
It's what happens when you don't have a set plan to follow in your creating process. You just...
make it up as you go. 
Art is different, in that aspect. 
Art follows principles, though they are adapted by the artist. 
Art isn't as fun to make, as there are rules and orderly steps one must take to achieve a set pattern or specific goal. 
Awwwt is AWE-inspiring...
Art is too, sometimes. 
But, Awwwt? 
Is always different
It's unexpected
It's surprising...
To those who observe the final awwwt-work, but-
more importantly, 
... for the artist who creates it
They had no plan. 
They revealed themselves in their work, 
without intention. 
Awwwt exposes the individual's soul, 
whereas
ART
is more...
predictable

Is any of this making any sense? 
Oh, well. 
I call my art, 'Awwwt'. 
That's the point of all this rambling, I guess. 

That, 
and- 
to show you in pictures...

Art vs. Awwwt


“The artist never entirely knows — We guess. 
We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark” 
~Agnes de Mille
More artsy quotes found here...

“Art doesn’t have to be pretty. It has to be meaningful.” 
~Duane Hanson

“I am interested in art as a means of living a life; not as a means of making a living.” ~Robert Henri


Copyright 2014. Regina Hodge Photography. 
"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." - Scott Adams



Create Something Different.
Make Awwwt. :)

 


No comments: