Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Backyard Sittin'

 
BACKYARD SITTIN’


We all have a way to cope with the day-to-day stresses of life. When I am surrounded by nature, I am soothed. Sitting in my parents’ backyard, I took a deep breath of newly opened floral blossoms of Summer. I felt my stressed, tense muscles relax as I breathed in this sweet aroma. For me, backyard sittin’ solves stupid stress. (Say 3 times fast!) Only when I am backyard sittin’ do I realize what things in life really matter. Enjoy!









“It is good to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.”  ~James Douglas, Down Shoe Lane




Flowers... are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty out-values all the utilities of the world.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1844



Roses are red, Violets are blue…


Roses are red, Violets are blue…
 Backyard sittin’s the key, to confirm that is true!






No comments: